Monday, March 31, 2014

The Voidlands: A Community-driven, Crowdsourced Story Starring Your Characters and Mine

Welcome to the Voidlands!

On this page I have set out to perform a social experiment as well as a creative writing exercise, and I want YOU to be a part of it. Each day I will post a new chapter of an on-going story set in a post-apocalyptic world filled with characters contributed by you, the readers.

Participation is easy! After you read each new chapter of the story, please feel free to leave a character name and details in a comment. Be as detailed or as vague as you'd like because before the next day's post I will select one of your characters to bring into the story in the next chapter.

Want to contribute in another way besides a character? No problem! If you have suggestions for plot, setting, or any other part of the story of things you'd like to see, leave them in a comment. I can't promise all of the suggestions or characters will make it into the story, but since I will be writing with no preparation time I will be relying heavily on your feedback and contributions in your comments.

So, if you're an avid reader or a shy aspiring writer please join me in creating this story. I invite you - all of you - to turn my personal journey as a writer pursuing his dream into a platform for your dreams as well.

In the event that this experiment ever becomes publishable beyond the internet, all contributors will be credited in full in the printed version.

No comments:

Post a Comment